The Presbyterian College volleyball team opens the Big South Conference season and plays its first home game of 2016 with a 7 p.m., tilt against Charleston Southern TONIGHT (Tuesday, Sept. 20).
In its Division I history, dating back to 2007, the Blue Hose own a 14-4 mark over Charleston Southern. After winning nine in a row over the Bucs, the Blue Hose dropped a 3-0 decision in the last meeting of 2015.
On the Road
PC finally wrapped up its season-opening 13-match road trip this past weekend. It tied PC’s longest opening road trek in Division I history, when the Blue Hose started the 2009 season away from Templeton for over a month. In 2012, PC played its first 17 of 18 matches on the road.
Blue Hose Notes
- Samantha Del Toro has posted double-digit kills in the past five of six matches, and has hit over .250 in those as well …
- Sara Rogers’ 45 assists against Alabama marked the sixth match of her career she has posted over 40 … She has three this season …
- The 60 combined points in the first set against Alabama, which PC lost 31-29, was the most for the Blue Hose since the 2013 season when PC dropped a 39-41 first set to Coastal Carolina, for a combined 80 points …
- Two Blue Hose are averaging over two kills per set with Sierra Davis pacing the team with 2.95. Samantha Del Toro is second with 2.64. Freshman Erin Eulitz is almost there with 1.92 a set.
- PC is holding its own in service aces, having posted 79 in just 13 matches. That’s 1.76 a set. Mikayla Register leads the category with 24 so far.
- Mikayla Register is on pace to eclipse the 1,000-dig mark this season. She has 883, but will surpass that easily if she comes close to the 352 she finished with in 2015. Should she reach 1,000 she would become just the third player in PC's Division I history to do so.
- With Register’s 24 aces so far this season she has moved into the career top-five. She sits at 88 right now, two from fourth.
- Sara Rogers has 930 career assists after garnering 512 in 2015 and 402 already in 2016. She is 70 away from becoming the the fourth Blue Hose with over 1,000 career assists.
PC hosts Radford Friday, Sept. 23, in a 7 p.m., match, before taking a much-needed weekend off. The Blue Hose are at USC Upstate Tuesday, Sept. 27.